Thursday, August 14, 2014

Who are you?

Do you ever search for someone that has been through a similar situation in life that you can talk to....To see how they have handled it, how God saw them through, how they grew in their walk with the Lord, or just someone that has had some similar experiences/pain. I love to research people.  I love people and what makes them do the things they do...Even though God calls us to Him-he is closer than a brother- and he wants us to come to Him with our questions, doubts, fears, anxiety...Sometimes you need a friend to hold your hand and say " I have walked that mile.  Its hard but God will see you through. " and to even give you sound Biblical advice (even though it may not be what we want to hear).....

Well, being that I am a lover of what makes people act and think the way they do...I have had to look in the mirror and discover what makes me think and act the way I do...What makes me tick?  What has caused my failures and accomplishments. While I can't tell you exactly the reason why we are pushed to the brink of some things we do, I do know that whatever I am doing in my life at that moment reflects my walk with God. What we do as Christians reflects two things- Good Fruit or Bad Fruit.  If my fruit is rotten, my attitude is probably rotten as well! God is teaching me that everyday. What am I leaning on Him for, or am I using my own judgment and decision make skills (or lack of) to make decisions for me.  I can guarantee that you if you are not spending time in fellowship with God, then you probably are not making very good decisions about  your life, friends, marriage, kids, job, etc....I know from experience.  Hard pill to swallow.

No one likes correction or reprove. We don't like to discipline our children but it has to be done or they will not grow up with the morals they need to survive this sinful world.  Therefore, God has to refine, discipline, or take me down a few notches if I will ever live the life he ordained for me.  A life of peace and joy. Contentment, harmony, love, - all of the good things from God.

I am so thankful I get to do life with this man. He encourages me.  He gets me. Loves me like crazy and tries unselfishly to make me happy.

I am also thankful for many others. Their wisdom and knowledge. Their life experience to help others and their willingness to allow people into their lives to motivate, encourage, push forward.

I am also thankful for this lady.  I don't know her personally and yet we do not share the same struggles.  We are both the same in that we need God's grace! We need him to meet us when we struggle or when we are down. How awesome is the testimony of a lady who suffers, but yet she only wants to leave a mark on this earth as a servant of Jesus.  Mundane Faithfulness

I encourage people to seek out God's unfailing love.  While we do not ever deserve another thing from our God, he loves his children and wants us to be blesses. He loves me and the sinful person I am. How awesome is that as though our sins are like dirty rags, He still died for us.

With all of that said. I hope today if you are reading that you will examine what makes you the person you are. Is it satisfying or does it leave you empty? 

Jenn

No comments: