Thursday, February 12, 2009

I AM RUUUNNNIIINNNGGG!!!!

My sweet husband is taking me on a selfless trip for Valentines Day and our Anniversary.....all for me!!! I can not wait! A trip all about Jennifer????? What?? I have never had one of these! How awesome is this! How awesome is he for doing this! Ok, so we are going to Nashville, TN in April for the Country Music Marathon! He is going to wait on me for two hours while I run!



I have kinda made a commitment to myself to only run races that I feel support things that are close to my heart or things that I believe in....Not just raising money for silly stuff.



While dabbling around online one day I came across this race. It is raises money for the lymphoma and lukemia society. I was actually trying to find the color for the support of lymphoma. JJ's mom passed away when he was 16 years old due to a four year battle with lymphoma and lukemia. And since everyone in the world knows that pink is breast cancer awareness, I just really wanted my own color to support. ALSO, JJ's mom was an avid runner and a very athletic woman. Since I never actually met her, this is the one thing my mother-in-law and I can share and the thing that I can do in honor of her. This makes the race even that more special to me.



So here comes the training part. I have about 11 1/2 weeks to train for a 1/2 marathon. Thatis

13 miles. I am so ready! Some days are hard though. Especially when I want to eat junk!! Like last weekend~ I had two bday parties - And of course I had to eat the birthday cake at both of them! But my desire for coke is slowing fading away... that is totally God, because I love coke! HERE I COME!!!! RUN FORREST RUN!

3 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

Way to go! You can do it!

Christy said...

You go girl!!! Push yourself and remind yourself...Mind over body!!
Best wishes for this marathon!!
Love ya!
Christy

Kat Drinkard said...

So excited girl!!! You can do it. Keep us posted.

Kat