Monday, January 19, 2009

The Best!

So yesterday was my 29th birthday. But let me backup to Friday. Josie's daycare called me before I even got to work. The dreaded phone call. So I had to go and pick her up and tempted to take her to work with me for a few hours to try and get a few things accomplished. But I don't think my co-workers/friends appreciated the screaming baby, so we left. We went and played with Josie's best friend Haize, because at this time I really didn't think she was sick. I just thought it was her teeth dealing her fits. We threw a little get together that night for some our greatest friends who just completed a 26 mile marathon. But then she got sick again! What is the deal! So all day Saturday she just laid around and my sister and brother-in-law were coming to celebrate my bday and his. My mom was cooking a great feast that Jason and I had requested! That is always the plan. Mom always cooks whatever you want for your birthday. So in our case we had roast, turnip greens and turnips, fried squash, corn bread, and pound cake...YUM!


On to the big day!!!!! We slept in and did not go to church because Josie had been sick. Which was kinda sad b/c we were planning on going out to eat after church with friends from Sunday School. But it ended up being a way better day. JJ and Josie made one of their famous home made birthday cards! They are great! Then JJ made waffles and we laid on the couch till about 3pm. In the mean time, ALL of the best people in the whole world called or sent a text! I have the greatest friends in the world. I love you all! I had two visitors~bringing gifts of love/food! I forgot to mention that JJ's aunt had sent me a gift in the mail, which it is always fun to get a present in the mail!


So here are a few of my presents that I received for my big day! I love birthdays by the way! I think they should be celebrated in a very big way!



Sewing basket from my sister and a dress pattern


Old radio and $$$ from mom and dad ~~ i have loved this radio since I was little




Tee made me a cake ~ YUM!!



Painting canvas and sugar babies from Brittney + she and Scott called and sang their rendition of Happy Birthday!




Winn Dixie Cake and Flags from Maggie Leigh! Note that the cake is almost gone...
Did I mention that I have awesome family and friends!?!

OK, so at this point Josie is still kinda sick and JJ has not given me his gift yet, but it has still been the best birthday ever! My mom has agreed to keep Josie so JJ and I can go out to eat. Yay! We had a great great great time, just me and him. It has been along time since we have been on a date. But this one was different...since it has been so chaotic at home with a sick little girl, it was nice just to sit there in the peace and quiet. I even drank two cups of coffee with my dinner which I new would not effect me. What a nice evening! So about my gift. I am not getting it until Monday afternoon! Bummer!

All in all, I love you friends and family for making this 29th Birthday the best ever!

2 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

How fun! OH my goodness, that cupcake cake looks like the best thing evah! I've got to find out how she did that!

Meg said...

FUN! I am glad your b'day weekend was fun! I hope Josie feels better soon!